Music is a great way to learn a language and experience new cultures. (And music can help you get used to hearing the sounds of a language.) Check out the resources below.
- Lyrics Training - Learn music karaoke style!
- Putumayo - I have many of their CDs in Spanish.
- Zachary Jones has a ton of music resources and shares some great stuff. A lot of the activities we do in class come from this site.
- Kevin Karla y la Banda do high quality covers in Spanish of popular English songs, with lyrics videos.
- Mapa Musical - A fantastic resource by Zachary Jones. Hear music from around the world!
- Other ideas for finding music in Spanish: Once you find a song or artist that you like, you can use Pandora and Spotify to create radio stations of similar music.
These are songs I have played for students in the past (separated by grade level.) I have tried to include a variety of musical styles and content. I do not own the content in this playlist or control what may be linked via Youtube. Feel free to notify me of broken links or inappropriate content.
Youtube: Música en Español (4º-8º)
Youtube: Videos Infantiles (K-3º)
Videos I have used in younger classes.